Friday, December 12, 2008

A Word of Welcome!

Welcome teachers!

What's this blog for?

We're very busy, generally, and sometimes we don't get the encouragement we need to share our writing with other writers. As teachers, learning the techniques of writing help us understand what our students go through when they write their own work or try to complete our assignments.

As such, the goal of this blog is to provide a forum for us to work on our own writing and get feedback from other interested writer-teachers.

I will direct you to various places on the web where you can get some help coming up with ideas.

Also, as coordinator of this site, I will post your work on the site so that other members of this PD program can post comments. Please send me emails with your writing file attached. My email address is: bradley.craddock@rcsdk12.org.

Check in periodically to see new work or commentary from the other workshop members. Keep track of PD time (including the time it took you to write the piece you have submitted) so that you can add these hours to Avatar at the end of our academic year.

Above, I have submitted a poem. Feel free to comment on it. It is a sample of my work, so I don't have anything specific I want to know about the piece. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment